Me: You’re on the bedspread, Ducky.
Ducky: I don’t know what that is.
Me: It’s the blanket that goes on top of the bed.
Ducky: Got it. Good to know.
Me: Off please.
Ducky: Off what?
Me: The bedspread.
Ducky: Hey, I just learned what that word means!
Me: Yes you did. Off.
Ducky: It’s a blanket. Like the ones I lie on.
Me: Similar. But different.
Ducky: How so?
Me: You aren’t allowed to lie on the bedspread.
Ducky: I just learned the definition of “bedspread” and I think you’ll find that is not clearly started in said definition.
Me: I don’t care. Off.
Ducky: How am I supposed to know the difference between blankets I can lie on and ones I can’t?
Me: Well, you could listen to me when I tell you “off.”
Ducky: That seems arbitrary.
Me: I’m trying to make the bed. Off please.
Ducky: So this blanket or “bedspread” if you will, will end up on the bed?
Ducky: But I’m not allowed up on the bed.
Me: No, you’re not.
Ducky: So why would I give up this blanket?
Me: Because I said so.
Ducky: Now that’s definitely arbitrary right there!
Ducky: But the bedspread smells like you. And laying on it is like I’m laying with you.
Me: Is that true or are you just saying it to get me to let you stay there?
Ducky: A little from column A, a little from column B.
Ducky: If you let me keep laying on it the bedspread will start to smell like me.
Me: That’s less of a selling point that you’d think.
Ducky: I love you, Daddy.
Me: I love you, Ducky.
Want a special “paw-tographed” copy of our book, "Well, That’s Just Ducky! A Dog Is Man’s Best Therapist?" Head over to wellthats.com for information on that and on links to all the places you can order our first book!
This week’s new Ducky post!
The kind reviews keep piling up at Amazon!
"I have been following Ag and Ducky on Tumblr for a couple of years, and eagerly anticipated the release of this book. It is everything I expected it to be, and more."
"This is an enjoyable read, with generous helpings of humor, sadness and insight into the human condition, all neatly packaged in a series of exchanges between the author and his human…..or, rather, the author and his dog…..well, I guess that’s the point. Anthony Giffen created a wonderfully believable series of conversations between himself and his dog that gives us a poignant glimpse into their lives that is both engaging and entertaining. It’s well worth your time."
"Anthony Giffen has graciously offered his tough, difficult story in an easy to digest, delightfully funny look at how his very special special Dog, Ducky, quite literally saved his life. It is one of the most heartwarming, and relatable stories I’ve read in a long time.”
"This is a wonderful little book, heartwarming and charming. The adventures of a man and his dog, Ducky, as they tackle life’s problems at a time when life seems rife with them. Ducky and Anthony may help you see your own problems in a new light, with lots of laughs along the way, and may inspire you to find the Ducky in your own life, which may or may not be a dog, or even an animal. We all need a little Ducky from time to time."
"Thoughtful, funny, and at times incredibly poignant. We all talk to our pets. Sometimes, when we really need them, they talk back to us."
Thanks to everyone who has downloaded the Kindle edition and everyone who has bought the paperback. The Kindle version remains free through Wednesday, December 4th and Amazon has put the paperback on a very nice sale with plenty of time to still get it delivered in time for Christmas.
Thanks to everyone who has posted a review and everyone who has spread the word. Over 1000 people have our book in their possession right now and it is thanks to you!
Love you all!
Ag & Ducky
There’s still time to get Ducky’s book FOR FREE!
878 people have downloaded their free copy of the Kindle Edition of “Well, That’s Just Ducky! A Dog Is Man’s Best Therapist!” Thanks to everyone for spreading the word! There are two days left for people to download it for free! Please continue to spread the word! We’d love everyone who might find a little happiness while reading Ducky’s sweet, funny, and honest conversations with the Daddy to be able to do so for free this holiday season!
And remember, even if you don’t own a Kindle, there are free Kindle apps available for your smartphones!
Reblog liberally, friends! We don’t want anyone to miss out on the freebie!
Ag & Ducky
Ducky: Missed you.
Me: Missed you too, Ducky.
Ducky: You were gone for like, an hour.
Me: A week.
Ducky: That’s longer, right?
Ducky: I usually overestimate. Thought I’d try to lowball it this time. Glad you’re home.
Me: Glad to be home.
Ducky: Where did you go?
Me: We went to run one of our races.
Ducky: How far?
Me: The race was over 13 miles.
Ducky: And how far away was it?
Me: Oh, it was about a five hour plane ride.
Ducky: You flew five hours to go for a 13 mile walk?
Me: Yeah. And add in the drives to and from the airports it was about twelve hours travel time total.
Ducky: So the next time you say you don’t feel like taking me for a walk I can like, bite your face, right?
Me: I wish you wouldn’t. But point taken.
Ducky: Okay. I love you, Daddy.
Me: I love you, Du…
Ducky: Anyone feel like going for a walk?!
Me: Okay. I love you, Ducky.
Ducky: I love you, Daddy.
100 COPIES SOLD!!!
We are very proud to share that we have just sold the 100th copy of our book!
Thank you all for your kind support! When we crossed the 50 copy threshold it meant that basically everyone who ever said, “If you published a Ducky book I’d definitely buy one!” actually bought one! And selling our 100th means that a lot of you have either bought copies for other people or recommended the book to friends. That’s just awesome.
The goal now is to continue to get the book in front of new eyes, especially in the next week since we truly believe the book is a great idea for a thoughtful stocking stuffer. If you’d like to help with the cause, here’s what you can do!
- Post a review! If you’ve read the book and like it, we hope you’ll consider following the lead of my (current) five favorite people in the world and posting a review on Amazon by clicking here!
- Spread the word! Reblog your favorite Ducky post, share an update on Facebook, or just tell your friends.
- Give the book to someone you love! We don’t expect to sell a large number of books this year, but we hope if the people who love Ducky give the book as a gift to people who don’t know us, then maybe some of those people will start visiting and might want to give the book (or future books) to friends next year.
The book is currently nicely discounted at Amazon. And for those of you who have been Ducky fans, it is nice to be able to introduce him to new people.
And who knows, if the stars align and this thing blows up, won’t it be cool to say, “I was a Ducky fan before being a Ducky fan was cool!”? :-)
No matter what, thank you for the likes, the reblogs, and the kind words of support. You’ve really made our dreams come true.
Ag & Ducky
Ducky and I spent the night “Paw-tographing” copies of our book for our sponsors!
While that was an exclusive feature of copies earned by sponsors of our indiegogo campaign, you can order your own pristine un-pawed copy of “Well, That’s Just Ducky! A Dog Is Man’s Best Therapist” through Amazon or directly from us via CreateSpace. Links to both (and a discount code for CreateSpace orders!) can be found at the shop page of WellThats.com!
Thank you all for your support. Please help continuing to spread the word and reblogging your favorite Ducky posts!
Ag & Ducky
"Well That’s Just That Great! A Dog Is Man’s Best Therapist" is now available to order through Amazon in trade paperback and Kindle editions and directly from us via our CreateSpace site! Choose the site that offers the best value and convenience for you!
1. Through our dedicated “CreateSpace” site. The best part of this site is it allows me to offer discount codes. To celebrate the launch of the book I am offering a 25% discount on all orders through CreateSpace through the end of November! Just enter code HMU2WXFU at check out!
2. Through Amazon.com. Probably the most convenient way to find and order the book, but I have no control over pricing there and no ability to offer discount codes. That doesn’t mean it won’t be cheaper there than at CreateSpace though. Amazon decides to put things on sale for its own reasons so they might discount it below what I am able to do at CreateSpace. Also, if you are ordering other things through Amazon at the same time, you may be able to save on shipping in ways that you can’t through the CreateSpace site. And if you buy the paperback version of the book through Amazon, I have authorized them to allow you to download the Kindle version for free! So if you want both a physical and digital copy of the book, this may be the best option for you. But if you just want the Kindle version…
3. Through the Kindle store. This will certainly be the most cost effective way to get your hands on the work. Amazon may also choose to discount this version at times.
Thank you again, everyone. If you get it, let us know what you think! And if you like it enough to post a review on Amazon that would be amazing!
Love you! Thank you for making this dream come true!
Ag (with Ducky)