I found this interesting due to my views on religion but not post worthy.
Names of books published by two companies, one fully owned by and one fifty percent owned by the Catholic church.
- “Anwaltshure” (Lawyer’s Whore)
- “Vögelbar” (F—kable)
- “Schlampen-Internat” (Sluts’ Boarding School)
- “Nimm mich hier und nimm mich jetzt!” (Take Me Here, Take Me Now!)
- “Sag Luder zu mir!” (Call Me Slut!)
Which spurred two related thoughts:
- If you are turned on by the thought of a book called “Sluts’ Boarding School” I wonder if it being published by the church makes it even more exciting to you?
- Did they get the punctuation right on the translation of “Call Me Slut”? Is it a command to be called a slut or is someone asking the slut to call? “Call Me, Slut”?
Also, fuck diversity, German is a funny fucking language sometimes.
Beck Chapel, Indiana University. By Ag
“Christ Alive! World Ministries?”
Um, I’ve been away from the church for awhile, but if I did go back I don’t think I’d pick a one that actually uses God’s name in vain in their name.
Although that is the silliest commandment. So maybe I would worship at a place called something like “God DAMN! I Can’t Believe It’s Church!” Just for the T-shirts.
Yes, please hold onto your valuables until the collection plate comes around.
Confirmation did not go well.
Her: Trying to get myself motivated to go to church. But I'm too exhausted.
Me: I'm too exhausted for church too.
Me: This particular bout of church avoiding exhaustion dates back to 1984.
Successfully entered and exited a church without bursting into flames. Apparently God is biding his time. Well played, Jehovah. Well played.
This diversity moment brought to you by Ag
Me: Happy Sunday! How was church?
Her: I'm a Jew.
Me: So...awkward then?
This is the biggest controversy to hit the catholic church in almost 2000 years!
David Shuster on MSNBC along with his regular partner, poorly thought out hyperbole.
Thankfully my religious friends are tolerant of my agnostic snarkiness.
Her: Look at the size of that church! That is a church, right? Not a shopping mall?
Me: Meh. Six of one, half dozen of another. They’re both selling you crap you don’t need.