Psy says he wants to move on from “Gangnam Style” to the next phase of his career.
I would have thought he’d want to slow down the progression from “one-hit-wonder” to “where-are-they-now?” as much as possible.
My next post will be my 12,000th!
Might be a thoughtful reflection on the development of my internet persona.
Might be a “your mom” joke.
Will probably be a “your mom” joke.
Should probably be a “your mom.”
But what joke would involve your mom and 12,000 posts?
I was nominated for a Liebster Award today!
Yeah, I didn’t know either. But I used the Google and it turns out I’m all flattered like!
Turns out it’s a way of recognizing your favorite blogs, preferably those that are flying under the radar. The ideal is to recognize quality blogs with less than 200 followers. There are a few requests that are expected to be honored by “nominees.”
- You should thank your nominator in your blog, and link back to his/her blog.
- You should display the award itself (see above).
- You should pass the award on to five other blogs (preferably those with small numbers of readers), and notify them of their award.
It’s a really lovely idea and I am more than happy to keep the love going!
Futureworldblog was kind enough to nominate me (and Ducky!). She is consistently one of my kindest supporters and her blog is intelligent and diverse in scope. She has that balance that I try to strike of combining commentary with personal insight. She’s worth a follow if for no other reason than you can never have enough plain, old good people in your life!
There are so many more I could nominate, so I apologize for those who don’t end up being one of the first five I remember! If you ever want me to pimp you on WTJG, drop me a note and I’ll look for the right time and place to do it. But that being said, here are five of my favorite bloggers that you may not be following. For this list I focused on people I feel I have connected with, not just folks who post content I like.
- baffled As I shared above, my favorite bloggers are the ones where interesting content is combined with insight into the personality of the blogger. Baffled strikes that balance perfectly. Visiting his site always feels like hanging out with a really smart, funny friend.
- A Piece Of Unsettled Randomness Speaking of smart and funny, meet Brittany. One of those tumblr peeps that you just wish lived next door. She also great because whenever I need something funny to fill out my blog, I can always trust that five minutes here will give me four or five very funny posts that I can steal…er…reblog!
- Un Just follow Esau. If you don’t you’re a douche.
- Kayfabe My first follower on tumblr. He’s also my go to “Will Find My Pro Wrestling References Funny” guy. Smart, funny, and unique. He’s like the brother I never had.
- Sinister Shadows He’s like the brother I did have. Because he’s my brother. Chris Giffen is documenting his experiences as he works towards creating his original haunted house dark ride. It’s fun to go along for the ride. See what I did there?
Thanks again to Futureworldblog. Let’s keep taking care of each other, everyone!