In decreasing order of likelihood:
- I’m depressed.
- I’m anxious.
- I’m bored.
- I’m happy.
- I’m not feeling well.
- I’m feeling pretty good.
- I just exercised.
- I skipped exercising so the hell with this.
- I’m trying to avoid engaging in conversation.
- I’m celebrating.
- I’m mourning.
- I don’t want to waste food.
- I’m thirsty.
- It was suggested that I try the grey stuff and indeed it was delicious.
- The tides.
- It’s an affectation but dammit I have no other way to make this character memorable.
- Still mad about Amazing Spider-Man and Amazing Spider-Man 2.
- Really? You’re not going to finish that?
- Just testing to see if it’s done.
- I’m hungry.
You ever get a gut feeling something isn’t right?
The question is, “What’s it like to NOT have that feeling?”
Ducky: Thanks, Daddy.
Me: For what?
Ducky: For being you.
Me: You mean for feeding you and petting you and playing with you?
Ducky: I don’t think that’s what I said. But since you just mentioned feeding me I forget.
Ducky: So let’s try this again. Thank you for being you, Daddy. Thanks for being in my life.
Ducky: I appreciate the things you do for me. But what I’m most thankful for is that you’re my Daddy.
Ducky: Just felt like telling you. You look down today. So I thought I’d remind you.
Me: Thanks, Duck.
Ducky: Sorry you’re down, Daddy. But I just wanted to let you know that I’m happier with you around than I would be if you weren’t. Try to remember that, okay?
Me: Okay. Thanks, Ducky.
Ducky: You’re welcome.
Ducky: Plenty of room down here on the floor if you feel like snuggling
Me: Thanks, Ducky. Sounds good.
Ducky: I love you, Daddy.
Me: I love you too, Ducky.