"Tom Turk and Daffy"
I just realized I’ve never posted this. Looking back I can see how much it influenced my understanding of comedy, the dancing between deadpan and kinetic. God I love the rhythm of this. It’s like a song.
It’s also important for two reasons tied to the part from about 3:30 to 3:53.
And it subconsciously taught me the comedic power of the “wait for it” slow burn followed by quick emotional punch. Makes me laugh every time.
- alyssabear629 likes this
- mathcat345 likes this
- istid likes this
- ovarianeruption reblogged this from wellthatsjustgreat
- ovarianeruption likes this
- ahayw likes this
- akiaelf reblogged this from wellthatsjustgreat
- akiaelf likes this
- wolfidy likes this
- thereluctantoptimist likes this
- muchtoyourchagrin likes this
- futureworldblog likes this
- ayoalpha reblogged this from wellthatsjustgreat and added:
- davidkendall said: The Looney Toon/Merrie Melodie catalog is my touchstone of comedy, and it’s a style of comedy that’s lost on too many folks these days.
- ckharlan66 likes this
- davidkendall likes this
- weenlebowski reblogged this from wellthatsjustgreat
- weenlebowski likes this
- wellthatsjustgreat posted this